Good Saturday morning, Folks! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. So much to do, so little time! And, it seems to move more quickly with each passing day. Make the most of YOUR time!
Today’s card uses several stamp sets to accomplish a different autumn look. My card base is Cajun Craze, which has to be my go-to color for fall. To this I adhered a Grapefruit Grove mat with a panel of Come to Gather Designer Series Paper.
I knew I wanted to use copper on this card, so proceeded to stamp the small leaves from To Every Season in Versamark ink, after rubbing my Embossing Buddy over the whole panel. I do this so there won’t be little bits of copper where I don’t want them. I then added the Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder and set it with my heat gun.
Next, I stamped the large leaf from Gather Together in Cajun Craze, and cut it out using the matching die from Gathered Leaves. I also cut one from a Post-It note to use as a mask, anticipating that I might need a mask.
I thought the wheat from Gather Together would be a nice autumn touch, so I stamped it in Soft Suede ink on Soft Suede card stock. I am not sure this was the best choice, but I didn’t make that decision until I had already glued it onto my card front, so there the wheat stays. By the way, these were fussy cut.
I inked one of the cut-and-emboss dies from Gathered Leaves in Versamark ink, then cut and embossed it on a scrap of Cajun Craze. I then heat embossed it for a different look. I also cut two leaves using the cut-and-emboss dies from Gathered Leaves from Copper foil.
The sentiment, from Day of Thanks is stamped in Cajun Craze on Grapefruit Grove, then die cut using one of the Stitched Nested Labels dies. This was adhered to my card front with Liquid Glue.
Next up is the dry arrangement of the wheat and leaves. The large leaf and wheat are fixed on the card front with Liquid Glue. Stampin’ Dimensionals were used to adhere the coppery leaves. A final touch was the Linen Thread bow, which is attached with a Glue Dot.
On the inside, I simply stamped more of the small leaves from To Every Season, and heat embossed them in Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder. I left the rest blank so I could write a personal note.
The envelope got a strip of the Come To Gather Designer Series Paper on the flap and more of the leaves stamped on the front.
I started the front design by stamping the large leaf in Cajun Craze, letting it run off the edges. Here is where my fore-thought in making a mask came in handy. I used it to cover my stamped image, then stamped the wheat and some of those small leaves. The Wheat was stamped in Soft Suede and the little leaves in Versamark. They were then also heat embossed in Copper.
I hope you enjoy my card. The Grapefruit Grove is a departure from my usual autumn color scheme, but I think it is good.
Please leave comments below.
Back by popular demand: Designer Series Paper sale. BUT YOU NEED TO HURRY as this sale ends Monday. To order, just click on the bird image that says ‘Shop with me’.
Here are the details:
- All order types qualify for this promotion.
- Only Designer Series Papers listed in the table below qualify for this promotion. You may mix and match papers from any of the listed papers.
- There is no limit to how many times participants can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper, and get one free during this sale.
- As you order online, when three qualifying Designer Series Paper packs are entered, a prompt to add a free Designer Series Paper will appear.
- In the online store, if you order four packages of the same qualifying Designer Series Paper, you’ll need to enter three together and then order the fourth free item separately.
- Designer Series Paper ordered as part of a Starter Kit does not qualify for this sale.
- Designer Series Paper ordered with Stampin’ Rewards does not qualify for this sale.