Well, my friends, as promised (or threatened, whichever the case may be) I have another fancy fold based on the same techniques as the Botanical Butterlies the other day. For all the card cuts and method, just click on the link:
I love this card, thanks to Jan B, a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator from the UK. The link to her video on how to make this card is here
So, drum roll please! Here is my new version of this fancy fold.
Not as stunning as butterflies for sure, but cute nonetheless. And, it is more suitable for my young nephew than the butterflies would be.
I won’t give all the measurements again. Just a few things I did differently will go here. And the color changes. Go to the link for all the measurements.
Where I used Garden Green for the Butterflies, I used Early Espresso here. I substituted Crushed Curry for the Whisper White except for the pieces for the sentiment and floral panels. Instead of windows, I used the giraffe skin die from the Animal Outing Bundle. I knew I would need to trim some off the sides, so I did not use the Adhesive Sheets. I simply dabbed on a bit of Liquid Glue.
The Designer Series Paper is Animal Expedition. I used the die to cut the larger giraffes from this paper (the back side of which is the background for this card), and fussy cut the little ones. The fussy cutting was the most time consuming part of this card. I used some Call Me Clover for the branches, again, die cut with the Animal Outing Thinlits in the Bundle. A comment on the Botanical Butterfly card was that she would need to set aside 2 hours to make this. I timed this one, and it took a total of 1 hr 35 minutes, including all the fussy cutting and decorating the envelope. Not bad.
The Crushed Curry sentiment is from All That You Are and the Call Me Clover tree is Rooted in Nature. It isn’t an Acacia tree, but sort of has those flat branches of an Acacia. It is just taller, which I needed for the size and shape of the card. The die cut Call Me Clover branches symbolize the main food source of the Giraffe, as well as adding some color to the project.
Liquid Glue was the adhesive used throughout except for the Stampin’ Dimensionals under the tree and sentiment panels on the front.
For the envelope, I have dozens of envelopes given to me by a friend who used to stock the card sections of a local store. She thought I might have a use for them. (Really, I think she knew I am a sort of pack rat who hates to waste anything if it might have a future use. I have cut these up to use for smaller cards sometimes). One of these Kraft envelopes suited just fine for this card, so I put the DSP on the flap and stamped a couple of giraffes in Crushed Curry on the front.
I had fun re-making this fun fold into a very different kind of card. Stay tuned, you may see more of this in future posts.