I trust you have all had a good Wednesday. It has been a busy one, but I want to share with you the wedding card I made.
There are a lot of companies out there making stamps and dies for all us crafters to use, and while I am a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, I still like to use items from other companies when Stampin’ Up! doesn’t have what I need.
Before I became a SU demonstrator I had purchased this lovely embossing folder by Docrafts, which also cuts. I believe it is called an X-Cut Embossing Folder and does a lovely job of embossing and cutting at the same time. This is what I used for the card front.
As you can see, it cut little hearts, flowers and butterflies as well as a window that opens! While it is doing that it is also embossing a trellis with flowers. I thought it perfect for this wedding card mad from Very Vanilla card stock. Anytime you die cut something and have little pieces, save them! You never know when you might need that little swirly thing, or tiny heart or whatever.
The embossing powder is Golden Sand from Stampendous, which I used because I did not want a solid metal looking butterfly. I did use that also for the sentiment, which is from the Special Celebrations stamp set. I think the copper stampin’ emboss powder would probably have been better for the sentiment.
The butterfly is from the Papillion Potpourri set, stamped in versamark, heat embossed and fussy cut. This is adhered with mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to a small panel cut to fit behind the window (with the corners cut off so as not to cover up the flowers). The sentiment is (HORRORS) cut apart, yes, I did that. Took my little Paper Snips scissors and just whacked it into 3 pieces. Otherwise, it wouldn’t fit in my window. I can always use it as it was intended if I want to. These are MY stamps and I can cut them up if I want to! It is not an earth shattering thing to do. Just DO it!
I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to get the sentiment lined up straight.
Using liquid glue I attached this panel behind the window. This fancy panel is adhered with Tear & Tape to a copper mat (with the center cut out. Uh-huh, I did that too. Saves expensive paper) and onto the card front.
For the inside I stamped off once in Sahara Sand the sort of background design from the Graceful Garden set, placing it in opposite corners and leaving room for the sentiment, again using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to line them up straight.
The sentiment is in full strength Sahara Sand and is also from the Special Celebrations stamp set.
I stamped another butterfly in versamark on a scrap of vellum and heat embossed it with the same embossing powder as on the front. This was also fussy cut, then adhered to the sentiment panel with a glue dot. This panel was Tear & Taped to the copper (center cut out), which was then liquid glued onto a Very Vanilla mat and into the card base.
The Medium Very Vanilla envelope got another embossed butterfly on the front and a cattywampus design on the flap. My original plan was a failure as I tried to line up the image and have a solid design on the flap. I could not get it to work, so a single cattywampus image will have to do. Probably if I didn’t tell you differently, you would have just thought I intended it to look that way. This was stamped in full strength Sahara Sand.
I think all these elements work well together for a special card for a special couple.
Thank you for joining me. Card cuts and Stampin’ Up! products used are below. If you do not have a demonstrator, I would be happy to help you. Or, to order from me you can just click on the Order Online button at right.
Card Cuts: Very Vanilla card base 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″, front 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, inside mat 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″, inside sentiment 3-3/4″ x 5″, front sentiment 2-1/2″ x 3-1/4″, corners trimmed; Copper Foil Sheets front 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″, inside mat 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″; Vellum butterfly scrap, or you could just use Very Vanilla for this