Here is my Friday the 13th post. I think this is a very feminine card for an expected baby girl.
I used an old, retired Stampin’ Up border punch, Moon Baby stamp set, which will be retiring and Magic and Myths glimmer paper, also retiring. Oh, and Pink Pirouette card stock, another retiree. I love them all and will probably continue to use them until gone.
The card base is Pink Pirouette with the front covered in the Magic and Myths white glimmer paper. Over this I used a panel of Whisper White, dry embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I believe it is Swiss Dots.
I went all around the edge with the old Stampin’ Up border punch, of which I do not know the name, but eyelet comes to mind. I like the lacy look.This was Tear and Taped to the Glimmer paper. The moon and hanging star are fussy cut from M & M Glimmer Paper. The other stars were die cut with the Card Builder Thinlits. (Now also retired) I am doing very well with the retirees, don’t you think???
The Congratulations is from a Simply Refined die, and cut from the same glimmer paper as the moon and adhered with Tear and Tape adhesive.
Now, the baby. I cut the baby on the Glimmer moon completely off, just curving the moon as though there was no baby. This left space to adhere the baby with Tear and Tape. I stamped her in Blushing Bride on Whisper White card stock and colored her with Ivory, Light Pink Pirouette and the color lifter Stampin’ Blends. I didn’t want too dark a face, so removed a little of the color with the color lifter. I went over the hair, nose and eyelids with my Pink Pirouette Stampin’ Write Marker. Tear and Tape adhered the fussy cut baby to the moon, and the moon to the embossed panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
She is holding on to the star strung with a piece of Metallic Silver Thread and left loose to dangle from her hand. Three more stars near the moon and two by the sentiment complete the front of this card. Three stars are adhered with Liquid Glue, and the other two with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
For the inside, another panel of dry embossed Whisper White with corners cut with an old punch, acts as a mat for the metallic paper and art piece. The embossed panel is Liquid Glued to the card base.
I stamped the sentiment and the stars from Moon Baby in Pink Pirouette on Whisper white, then adhered it to the Glimmer Paper with Tear and Tape. The Glimmer paper is then Liquid Glued to the embossed panel. This completes the card.
For the envelope, I dry embossed the flap with the little dots,
then stamped stars from Moon Baby across the bottom of the front.
This was a fun card to make.
Non Stampin’ Up! products used: Cuttlebug embossing folder, envelope for 5″ x 7″ card, corner punch, Congratulations sentiment from Simply Refined.
Host Code: 7XJPHBSC
Use this host code when ordering if your order is less than $150. Click here for more information on my customer rewards program. If you have questions contact me. To order, just click the order online button at right.
Don’t forget to check out the retiring items, and get them ordered before they are gone if it is something you really want. They are only available while supplies last, and when they are gone, they are GONE!
Select products from the 2018 Occasions Catalog and 2017-2018 Annual Catalog are retiring—and this is your last chance to get them! Check out all the details below, then get busy stocking up on your favorites before they’re gone!
Here are the details:
- Promotion dates: April 9–May 31, 2018 beginning at 1:00 PM (MT)
- There is no minimum purchase required to participate in this promotion.
- Retiring items may be added to all order types: demonstrator, workshop, customer, and online.
- All retiring items are only available while supplies last and will be discontinued after May 31.
- Due to high demand for retiring stamp sets, retiring stamp sets will be guaranteed available until May 25; all other products are not guaranteed and are only available while supplies last.
- Retiring items are eligible for Stampin’ Rewards with qualifying orders.
- Retiring host sets can only be purchased using Stampin’ Rewards from a qualifying party.
Possible further priced reductions….
- Depending on inventory levels, discounts on select products may be introduced on or after May 8.
- These discounts will not be pre-announced.
- If you buy a product at retail price and then it is later discounted, Stampin’ Up! will not refund the difference.
- If there is a product you want, we recommend buying it right away and not waiting to see if it’s discounted later or you risk it being sold out.
- If you start an order before a discount is announced, the order will not include the discounted pricing. If you want to order a product that has been discounted, you will need to start the order after the discounts are announced.
Order Deadline: May 31, 2018, by 11:50 PM (MT)
PDF lists of retiring items for the Annual Catalog and the Occasions Catalog are below. Just click on the link to download the list, then open it from your downloads.
Card Cuts: Pink Pirouette: card base 7″ x 10″ scored at 5″; Whisper White: front embossed panel 5″ x 7″, inside embossed panel 4-3/4″ x 6-3/4″, sentiment liner 3-3/4″ x 5-3/4″, baby 1″ x 2″; Myths and Magic 6″ x 6″ Glimmer Paper Pack: front 5″ x 6″ and 1″ x 5″ pieced, inside 4″ x 6″, sentiment, moon and stars, 3″ x 4″.