Good Monday morning Everyone! Wow! Where does the time go? I am already frantic and it is still 8 weeks until Christmas. I will NEVER be ready! Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something? Like, I need to get out of some of my (self-imposed) responsibilities?
I have not blogged for almost two weeks. Between a couple of special events in which I was VERY involved that took 6 days out of my life, altering two bridesmaids dresses and making great-granddaughter’s mermaid costume for Halloween, I only made it to my craft room yesterday for the first time in 8 days. This is ridiculous! However, yesterday I resumed, not cardmaking, but reorganizing the area. I am not finished, but am making headway. The card for today was done in about 3 short sessions of stolen moments over a period of days.
That said, I am SO glad to be back to making cards. I decided that I would limit myself to one stamp bundle and chose the Musical Season set and the coordinating Musical Instruments dies. I also wanted to try the Eclipse method, of which I have seen a lot lately. Usually, if everyone else is doing it, I shy away from whatever it is. Call me a rebel! The eclipse method is intriguing, so try it I did. Here is my card for today.
After choosing to use Night of Navy for my card base, I picked one of the sheets of Merry Music Designer Series Paper for the background of my card. First, I used the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to emboss it.
Next up I used the little drummer boy die from Musical Instruments to cut him out of the music. Then, I adhered the music to a sheet of the Champagne Foil Sheets (with the middle cut out, of course. For those of you new to following me, I normally cut the center out of a foil mat to conserve this more expensive paper. It is from this that I then cut smaller pieces and you would never know that there is not a whole sheet behind the art piece) with Snail. This was adhered to the card base with liquid glue.
I also used the drummer boy die to cut three in Night of Navy. Liquid glue adhered all four pieces together, then back into the background. My eclipse part of this card is finished. Perhaps I will try it again using the Large Letters sometime, but this will do for now.
I really wanted to use the lyre in the set, but just couldn’t make it come out right, so those pieces are waiting to be used on another card sometime. The sentiment banner is cut from Night of Navy and heat embossed with white. I rubbed my Embossing Buddy over the card stock to eliminate static, then used the sentiment stamp from Musical Season, stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed. I cut the ends with the Triple Banner Punch. On the back I added Stampin’ Dimensionals, then whacked off a length of Silver Metallic Thread and wound it around, sticking it to the Dimensionals. This was then adhered to the front of the card.
The dies in the Musical Instruments set are really nice and I would love to use all of them. However, I limited myself to the spray of leaves and berries and the treble clef for this card.
The leaf design was stamped in Old Olive, four times, on Whisper White. Using my Stampin’ Blends, (which you will be able to order tomorrow…..just click on the Order Online button at right) I added color to the leaves and berries. I used the lighter of both Old Olive and Night of Navy to fill in the design, then die cut them. These were arranged rather like a wreath around the sentiment and liquid glued in place.
The clef is cut from the Champagne Foil Sheets as well as Night of Navy, and glued together with liquid glue. I offset these a bit to make a shadow, added some Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and added it to the front of the card. A bit of liquid glue adhered it to the sentiment label. The front is finished!
On to the inside. I repeated the Champagne Foil mat and Merry Music DSP, then cut two labels from Lots of Labels framelits for my sentiment. The larger one is in Night of Navy and the sentiment one is Whisper White, stamped with Night of Navy. The sentiment is also from the Musical Season set.
Just so we don’t have a naked envelope, I added some of the DSP to the flap and
stamped the drummer boy in Night of Navy on the front.
I hope you like this card. If you haven’t tried the eclipse technique, try it. It is fun to do. However, my friend Mary did it using the Happy Birthday thinlits die, which has a gazillion pieces. I am not ready for that. She did a live video which you can see here.
There was a problem with the live feed, but the part with the eclipse technique is there.
Card Cuts: Night of Navy: card base 7″ x10″ scored at 5″, sentiment banner 3/4″ x 5″, drummer boy and clef 3″ x 5″, large label 3″ x 4-1/2″; Champagne Foil Sheets: front mat and inside mat (2) 4-3/4″ x 6-3/4″, clef 1-1/2″ x 2-1/2″; Whisper White: leaves 4″ x 6″; Merry Music DSP: front art and inside liner (2) 4-1/2″ x 6-1/2″.